Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

She Flew Mixed Media Tag!

Good morning!  Sherry here with you today and I finally got my fabric entry done for June’s ePlay Challenge . . . but as my luck is running lately, I just noticed that the entry list is already closed.  Well anyhoo, here’s my fabric piece!

SheFlewTag

I started with a manila tag and added gesso using a sponge brush and The TCW 6x6 Stencil, Mini Specimens.  The gesso was added in the upper left and lower right hand corners.  Sadly, I think I covered most of it up by the time I was done.  The Wrinkle-Free Distress technique was used to add color to the tag with Bundled Sage, Shaded Lilac and Tumbled Glass Distress Inks.

For the fabric in my project, I chose to work with a piece of surgery gauze.  The gauze was covered with Glue ’n Seal and draped across the front of the tag.  To keep the gauze in place, another coat of Glue ’n Seal was added over the top.  While still wet, gold perfect pearls were dusted across the gauze.

SheFlewCloseUP

The birdcage was die cut from watercolor paper and colored with Bundled Sage and Vintage Photo Distress Inks. Using the marker spritzing tool, gold leafing was spritzed across the front of the birdcage.  Once dry the birdcage was once again highlighted with Vintage Photo.

The face (inside the cage) and the sentiment are both images from an old Studio 490 stamp set, It’s Face Art.  Both were stamped in Jet Black on another tag, inked and cut out.  If you look closely, you’ll notice rhinestones were added to the face where her tat normally is.

SheFlewTag CloseUPFlowers

The main flower was made by die cutting coffee filters with a scalloped circle die.  The die cuts were assembled using a brad in the center and then the flower was misted with Dusty Concord Distress Ink Refill and water.  As the flower was being dried with the heat gun, the flower was being shaped.  The small flowers are from some old ribbon I found in my stash that was misted with water and then misted with the Dusty Concord/water mixture.

SheFlewTag Angle


I guess that’s all for me today.  Thanks for stopping in and joining me!

SHERRY SIGNATURE






Project Supplies:



5 comments:

toni said...

Oooooooo! Lovely tag Sherry, love the background and that gorgeous face is a favourite of mine. I keep meaning to order that fab TCW stencil , can't go without saying how beautiful those flowers are too ! Xx

Julia Aston said...

The gauze looks great in the background Sherry! love the purple blooms and the image in the birdcage!

Janet L. said...

You're so talented!!

mamablitger said...

Lovely tag you made. Just love the gauze and the flowers. Very fascinating with the face and birdcage. Great idea !!!
Thank you for sharing your lovely work.
Hugs from SPAIN

Unknown said...

A beautiful tag Sherry! I love how you used the face stamp. So clever!