Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, April 14, 2014

Blue Bird Fly !

Hello, it's Sue C here today and I'm sharing a journal page which came together really quickly, for a change !


I started  by tearing up some pages from an old book and then glueing the pieces onto my journal page with Matt Medium. I dried it off with my heat gun and then used my brayer with acrylic paint to add the first layer of colour.


I watered down some more paint and brushed it around the edges to fill in the whtie areas. I then started to stencil ! I used the TCW Garden Gate stencil around the edges. Then moved on to the Swirly Vine stencil with a darker blue acrylic paint.


I used the Chunky Chevrons with a really dark blue and then added some light detail using the Tiny Circles stencil with white acrylic paint.


The gorgeous little bird is from the Dina Wakley Scribbly Birds stamp set. I've used black Archival ink then painted the bird with translucent acrylic paint. I've added a slight shadow using a black Distress Marker and a water brush.


I've written the words using a black Sharpie pen, and purposely written them in a sketchy style to match the little bird. I've also used a white Sharpie pen to high light the letters. To finish I used the lid from my water spray bottle to add the paint rings.

I hope you've enjoyed today's project !

Also, you've still got time to join us for the current ePlay challenge which is all about Wood ! 

Sue
x

10 comments:

Shilpa Nagaonkar said...

Beautiful blue bird journal page! wonderful monochromatic effect

Julia Aston said...

What a great page Sue! love the blues - the torn up text and great stampings!

april dawn said...

I love your page. I love Dina's birdie stamps. It was wonderful to see your use in the Garden Gate stencil. I named it! TCW had a contest to pick a na,e for this stencil and they picked mine! I haven't seen anyone use it so it was wonderful to see your page. I love the colors you used.

Rita said...

Love this journal page Sue. The colours are so calming and suits the theme perfectly. Hugs Rita xxx

Broni said...

This is beautiful, Sue! I love the colors! Great journal page!

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE this page, Sue! The colors, the layers, the birdie, and your hand written lettering are all so FABULOUS!

Astrid Maclean said...

Fabulous page Se!! Your stencil work always has me in awe!!

Micki said...

OMG-OMG, am loving this page. Love those colors and how you used the same color (basically) only darker. Great contrast. LOVE it.

Words and Pictures said...

It's just delightful, Sue - such depth in those layers of colour, and of course I love the book pages... the bird is calling me!
Alison x

Tracy said...

Gorrrgeous Sue, loving the colors and that birdie stamp..swoooon!
xoxox