Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, March 31, 2014

Be Brave with Dina Wakely`s Mixed Media All For the Gals Stamps

Hello sweet friends, Tracy here today to share a quick, messy, painty, ink splattered journal page featuring 
Dina Wakely`s Mixed Media Stamps 
All for the Gals Set
I am all in a " TIZ " at the ideas that are running through my head right now . . . I am so in  loooove with them!!
Kim has them on Pre Order in the shop and they should be in any day now.
I managed to get my painty mitts on them here in the UK, woohoo.
This was me tonight being brave 
as
 I headed out to the shed, with not a thought in my head
except
to have fun, get messy and play!
 I started with a quick splodge of Gesso to my old book page, followed by a mixture of
Dylusion Ink Sprays
a smidgen or two of
Pan Pastels
and
 a splatter or circle or two 
with
Tim Holtz Distress Ink Black Soot.
{ Massive apologies for no step by step pics today, I did get bold and carried away }
The tag was created on a 7 Gypsies Naked Tag . . . another loooove, lol!
A quick splodge of Gesso first
followed by
Inking up the stamp with an Archival Ink Pad
 Mixing up a little Pan Pastel with Gesso for her skin tone
Spraying Dylusion inks onto my craft sheet and brushing it on loosely 
before
Adding a few touches of  a script stamp
and
My doodle doodle doo`s.
Lurking around my shed, sitting gathering dust was a bottle of
Aged Artists Varnish
I have no idea how to use it 
or
what it`s for
but in the
Spirit 
of
Discovery
I gave it a shake
and
GULP
grabbed a cleanish rag
and
oh my giddy aunt
I quickly, nervously
rubbed it all over 
the result . . .
It has a beautiful aged gloss to the page, I wish the pictures could do it justice.
My sewing machine is feeling poorly at the moment, sigh . . . but I wanted thread on my page and thread I was going to have.
I dug around my sewing box which I inherited, it`s full of the most beautiful old threads on wooden bobbins and I came across this black linen thread . . . scrummy yummy and as I chopped some up it fell into circles all on it`s own . . . bliss!
A few of the sentiments from the set was all that was needed to finish the page.
That`s all from me today my friends
till next time
Happy Crafting
xoxoxo
List of materials and links to the eP Store -
Dylusion Ink Sprays - Lemon Zest, Vibrant Turquoise, London Blue
Pan Pastels - mixed media set 1 & 2

9 comments:

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE this page, Tracy! LOVE the girl on the tag and the circles of linen thread! FAB colors, too!

toni said...

Wonderful page Tracy! The stamp (s) are perfect for your style, love the colours and layers, hope you've still got plenty of room in that book so that you can keep these pages coming ! Love them xx

Renee said...

This turned out lovely! Wonderful new stamps, you really did them justice.

Nikki K said...

Stunning page, love the colours and the stamps are fab. Xx

Julia Aston said...

Wow - love that face, and your threads beautiful background - you really were brave creating this!

Helen said...

what a fabulous page!!

rachel said...

looks beautiful Tracy - and i love the way you told it xx

Micki said...

Tracy, love it!!!!!! Absolutely LOVE it. I need to come visit you and play together in your shed. Seriously.....that is a fabulous page. Dina will love how you used her stamp. And now I'm off to see about ordering this set, lo.....

Words and Pictures said...

So haunting and beautiful!
Alison x