Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, November 14, 2013

Plotting Their Day

Good morning.  I (Mary-Ann) wanted to share a layout that I create on Veteran's day.  Not only did I take the picture that day, I even scrapped it!  Never have I ever been so efficient!  I am pretty proud of myself.  I wanted to use the repeating circles as my theme throughout this layout.  I love the  photo and wanted it to be get the attention so I decided on pastel, white washed papers from Fancy Pants - Collecting Moments line.  This line could be used in SO many ways.  There is a dark rich blue that is calling my name!  


I started by punching out circles with my 3" circle punch and my Wplus9 Circle Stackers I Die.


Because the colors were a tad bold, I tones them down with spraying them with white linen Dylusions ink and white embossing powder.  



I decided on my photo and circle placement, then began my watercoloring.  I shaved my favorite gelatos colors onto a paper plate and mixed them with water.  Using my layering stencil, I started making my mess.  I may not be a master but it sure was fun!  You will see on the layout that I even colored the wood veneer shapes with the same gelatos liquid. 


I added my title, pieces from the matching embellishment packet, small decorative tags, resin flowers, Jillibean doilies and wood shapes, and added flair!








Thank you for taking a look at my layout.  
Be sure to thank a Veteran, it is never too late.

Below items can be found at eclectic Paperie's store:




8 comments:

toni said...

Lovely layout Mary Ann, love the different treatments of the circles,and the pretty colours. The guys look ready for some mischief making! X

Unknown said...

Love your layout!! Oh my goodness, your water-coloring and the paper colors are perfect!! I love how you used the Dylusions to tone down the color, I am going to have to use that trick!!

Kim said...

Oh, girlie, you got grungey! I LOVE it!!

Bonnie Irvine said...

I love the circle theme on this layout. The altering of the paper both with Dylusions and gelatos worked like a charm and gives the layout a painterly feel which is so cool. I must give the gelato shaving a try...cool results. Great photo of your guys!

Giovana said...

This is so pretty, Mary Ann!!

JulesinParadise said...

Love how you altered the color of the paper. Will have to give that a try for sure. Lovely layout.

Tracy said...

Beeeautiful layout Maryann and woohooo on doing it all on the same day and gettin messy,lol.
Big hugs
Tracy xxxx

Andiepants said...

The splatters are GREAT!!! I LOVE your color combo and the look of the water color.