Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Grid of Perfection...

Hello everyone, Catherine Scanlon back again for my 3rd Guest Design post for eclectic Paperie. Today I thought I would share how I combined one of my stencils with the Orange Silk Acrylic Glaze. The Grid Stencil is one I designed for Art Gone Wild (you'll be able to purchase my products from the shop at eclectic Paperie here REAL soon) and while Salvadore Dali did say not to fear perfection -- I do believe this stencil is nearly perfect :-D 

The size of this stencil is 9 x 12 but the journal page I used it on for this post is 7 1/2 x 11.  I love how it breaks the page into nice little grids that are perfect for little mini-journal pages. 

It's perfect. 

Nearly. 

Dali on Perfection using Grid Stencil from Art Gone Wild! Art and Stencil designed by Catherine Scanlon

To create this page I positioned the stencil on the journal page and used my pencil to draw in the grid lines and drew a variety of designs or words in each section of the grid. LOVE that is such an easy way to get started with a journal page. The little sections are perfect for little works of art. Plus, I can have a short attention span and it's ok. 

I wanted this page to have a fall look to it, so I mixed the Orange Silks with water and brushed a light wash over the entire grid. I did get a few drippy drips here and there -- I love the way they look. When the silk wash was dry I went to work with Gelli Pens, colored pencils, brush markers, and watercolor crayons to add lots of pops of color to each design.

Dali on Perfection using Grid Stencil from Art Gone Wild! Art and Stencil designed by Catherine Scanlon

I also outlined all the pencil lines and added a quote with a black marker. While this is not perfect in any way -- drips here and there -- colored over lines and other little imperfections -- I am totally in love with the way this turned out.

Dali on Perfection using Grid Stencil from Art Gone Wild! Art and Stencil designed by Catherine Scanlon
Salvadore, you couldn't have said it any better!

Here's another journal page I created with the Grid Stencil. This time I collaged different types of papers on the left side and added a favorite quote from Frida Kahlo on the right. The scraps of paper I pulled out of my scrap bin -- love the look of this and it came together so fast. 

Grid of Perfection, hmmm. It just might be. 

THANKS for stopping by today. Have a great day and I'll be back next week with my last guest design post for eclectic Paperie. 

7 comments:

Nancy said...

Oh, I MUST have this stencil! I love what you've created with it, Catherine!

Wee Von said...

I bought this stencil from Art Gone Wild. Love it! It makes great art journal pages so easy.

Wee Von said...

I bought this stencil from Art Gone Wild. Love it! It makes great art journal pages so easy.

Micki said...

Wow, love the grids. Wonderful art journal page.

Godelieve said...

Wow, how gorgeous!

Mickie said...

I have just got to have this stencil, must start a journal and I love what you have done with this page!!!!

Erin Smetak said...

This is so cool! Love the stencil!!