Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Get Altered Challenge - Using Canvas

 
Welcome to eclectic Paperie’s Get Altered Challenge!  The Get Altered Challenge is held on the first Thursday of each month and each challenge is an opportunity for you to be inspired by one of our eTeam’s creations, and to be entered into our challenge prize drawing!
This week's challenge is to use canvas in your project.  It doesn't have to be a canvas, like I used, you just need to use canvas in your project.
The Get Altered Challenge is about exploring your creative journey, about stepping outside of your comfort zone, experimenting with new products, and creating altered and mixed media art.  Share a unique card, a scrapbook or journal page, a canvas, or any other project where you’ve used any supplies, such as paint, ink, paper, and/or embellishments.  We want to see your work and hear about your inspiration!  All of those who play along with our challenge will be entered into a prize drawing for a $15.00 gift certificate to the eclectic Paperie store.

So grab your supplies and play along!  Here are a few things to keep in mind for this challenge…
-You do not have to use products sold in the eP store…but we do love it when you do!
-Share a direct link to your creation, not just your blog, using the Linky Tools feature at the end of this post.  If, for any reason, the Linky Tools doesn’t cooperate, please add a link in the Comments section of the blog.
-When uploading to any online galleries, please use any of the following keywords; eP, eclectic Paperie or Get Altered Challenge.  Link your creations to the eP blog (http://eclecticpaperie.blogspot.com).
-If you’d like to be considered as one of our featured projects and be entered into our prize drawing, please be sure to add your link no later than 6:00 pm EST on Wednesday, January 16.  I’ll announce the winner/featured project right before the eTeam Picks Challenge.

Oh my goodness...so excited about our first challenge and about creating my canvas!  My project took so many twists and turns and it turns out completely different than I intended but I was still happy with the end result.  It's really all about the process and the journey of creating, laying, trying new techniques and products.  So much fun!  I even made a video to document my creative process.  You can see it here in the eClassroom.
I used so many products to create this canvas, and I talk about all of them in the video, so I'm going to just give you a quick breakdown here on the blog...

Canvas from Canvas Corp.
Bold Butterfly stamp from Unity (Donna Downey design)
Be Brave stamp from Unity (Melody Ross design)
Claudine Hellmuth paint
Stencils from Dylusions and The Crafters Workshop
Sticky back canvas from Inkssentials

And my favorite thing about this canvas?  The crinkly paper, covered with paint and a text stamp...sigh...love that. :-)

I hope you enjoyed today's project and please play along with us...You have almost two weeks to enter your project!

17 comments:

Redecórate con Lola Godoy said...

Beautiful your work, is wonderful. Kisses from Spain.

http://redecoratelg.blogspot.com.es/

Follow me? and I follow you, congratulations for your blog.

Words and Pictures said...

What a glorious canvas, Kim! So looking forward to seeing what people create...
Alison x

Micki said...

I love the canvas. :-).

Bonnie Irvine said...

Kim, your canvas is beautiful. I thoroughly enjoyed the video showing your creative process. Love the texture, your colour palette, and that fabulous butterfly and sentiment. Wow!

Marjie Kemper said...

What a gorgeous canvas, Kim! Love how you did the butterfly. Off to check out your video.

Claudine said...

Beautiful!!

Annette Green said...

It's beautiful Kim! You and I are on the same wavelength with that butterfly!

Jennie said...

This is so pretty Kim! I bought some canvas before Christmas and haven't had a chance to play yet...love the stencils you used and the crinkly paper adds such great interest. LOVE it!

Colleen said...

Kim,
This is amazing I just may have to give it a try :)

Tracy said...

Stunning Kim..love that butterfly and the words!!
Will be back with mine tomorrow.
xoxo

Tracy said...

Okay mine is linked..please be kind it`s the first one I have attempted without patterned paper..yikes!
xoxox

Broni said...

This is so beautiful, Kim! I can't stop looking at all the perfect little details! LOVE the butterfly trail!!!

Katy said...

This is gorgeous! Total eye candy! :)

Glitzzynews blogspot said...

My 1st attempt at doing a canvas,hope you like thanks Maureen glitzzy x

Jennie said...

Thanks for the fun challenge! Enjoyed making my project using canvas :)

Terry said...

WooHoo, got to play along and just in time! Love the canvas, Kim!

Redanne said...

I so adore butterflies and your canvas is beautiful. I loved watching your video too. Anne x