Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, August 20, 2012

Vintage Welcome!

Good morning eP friends! It's my turn (Julie) to post some fresh inspiration for you and let me just say how much FUN I had with this card!  It's sooooo not my usual style but it's really fun to step outside your comfy zone sometimes right?!



I had a bit of fun using a beautiful stencil from Crafter's Workshop, this one is Mini Flower Piercing.  I used the stencil on a piece of kraft cardstock and used 2 different Distress inks.  I started with Old Paper in the center and then gradually changed to Picked Raspberry (from the Summer Seasonal set). 

Once I had that I played around with some fun Envelope Tags from Graphic 45. Since they are so vintage and, well . . .eclectic (LOL!) I went with a vintage-y theme.  During a recent clean-out I came across a bag of vintage photographs bought from an antique store several years ago.  There were several pictures of this adorable baby (isn't it sad that someone lost their family's photos?!) so I die cut the face, added a wash of pink with the Picked Raspberry ink and layered it on to a flattened bottle cap and rosette made with paper from Authentique's Lively 6x6 pad.


What a fun baby card for an antique-loving friend!  Thanks for checking out eP today, I've linked up the products used below. Have a great day!




3 comments:

Kim said...

Wow, Julie this is awesome! I adore the stenciled background in the pink...such a perfect combo with the paper and buttons. Beautiful!

Dee in N.H. said...

How pretty!

Broni said...

What a great card, Julie! Love the vintage look, and showing off the photo on the rosette is a fabulous idea!